Norman Foster-Industrial Design
- Publisher: Metropolitan Arts Press
- ISBN: 0-935119-85-X
- Dimensions (WxH) (cm): 0.00 x 0.00
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 67.50€
- 4 or more 60.00€
- 7 or more 52.50€
Over the last five decades as head of Foster + Partners, Foster has designed a superb variety of sublime, streamlined objects and products from airplanes, boats, and luxury yachts to office and residential furniture, lighting, airline sitting, kitchens, bathrooms fixtures, windows, door hardware, buses, retail fittings and environments, museum installations, pen holders and office equipment, wind turbines, gas stations, a cable-stayed bridge — even a children's playground following his unique design sense to expand the human experience with design solutions that are bold, robust, inventive, vigorously functional, and assuredly pragmatic.
Like Foster's architecture, his industrial and product designs are always innovative while their engineering is achieved by working with the world's best structural and services engineers.
In 1999, Norman Foster was awarded with The American Prize for Architecture by Chicago Athenaeum.
In 2018, Foster was awarded with The American Prize for Design by The Chicago Athenaeum for his industrial designs.
"As an architect, you design for the present, with an awareness of the past, for a future which is essentially unknown." - Norman Foster
NOTE: At the top of the list, some of his most adventurous, distinctive designs to read in the publication include:
- Izanami Motor Yacht for Fr. Lürssen Werft GmbH & Co.KG., 1995, 2001, and 2005
- ENEL Power Pylons for Terna SpA., 2000
- Foster 500/502 Series for Walter Knoll AG & Co.KG., 2002
- Dark Shadow Sailing Yacht for Wally Yacht, 2003
- Kitchen Furniture for Dada, Molteni & C SpA., 2004
- Baths for Hoesch Design GmbH, 2005
- Foster 550 Lamp for Louis Poulsen Lighting A/S., 2007